WELD FUME EXTRACTION SYSTEMS
Solder fumes and gases are one of the main causes of health problems in an industrial workplace. Having correct extraction systems installed is not only important to meet workplace regulations, but also to ensure the safety and health of your operators.
To protect your employees and their health, keep the following suggestions in mind!
Health risks come with extended exposure to solder fumes, so it is important to use the correct safety equipment to remove these hazardous substances.
Depending on the particles size, the fume could affect different parts of the respiratory system:
- This is one of the main causes of occupational asthma.
- It may cause eye and throat irritation.
- The flux may cause dermatological problems.
- A small amount of formaldehyde could be found in the fumes generated during the soldering process, which could increase incidence of nasopharyngeal and sinonasal cancer cancer.
Ensuring you have a well maintained fume extraction system in place will:
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, NIOSH, C.O.S.H.H, and any other local regulations applicable to your business.
- Reduce contamination of surfaces as well as the machines you service, produce or work on.
- Provide a safer, better working environment for everyone, increasing the productivity.